Sakis Rouvas the greek pop star !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  

Remembrance Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime112th November 2007, 1:44 am

Well since it took place yesterday as of this writing just 2 let u know that on November 11 is the day that we remember those who fought and died 4 our country through the many wars they were in over the years. Ex: WW1, (WW is World War) WW2, Korean War etc.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Angel's helper of Sakis' Forum
Moldienut

Total Posts : 19567
Female
Virgo Cat

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime112th November 2007, 2:22 am

In my country we had that as well and also at that time plastic poppies are sold to help these people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moldienut
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime113th November 2007, 1:54 am

Moldienut wrote:
In my country we had that as well and also at that time plastic poppies are sold to help these people.

We do the same exact thing here in Canada also.
Back to top Go down
aleera

aleera

Total Posts : 1856
Female
Gemini Tiger

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime113th November 2007, 6:13 pm

Tnx 4 telling us Jessie. It's good pp never forget their real heroes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.univercidade.com.br
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime114th November 2007, 1:59 am

That's true Aleera. It's no trouble girl.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2008, 3:30 pm

Well it's that time again that we reflect upon those who fought and sacrificed their lives 4 our country in many wars they've been in which includes the ones who were and r currently serving in Afghanistan. This year marks the 90th anniversary of the end of the first world war. Which ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2008, 3:36 pm

My country had that as well. But very stupidly there has been reports that poppies have been banned in some places and one person was even told to take her poppy off at work because it breached the dress policies even though she lost relatives during the wars. I find those people who do that insane, selfish and sad and have no idea of what it is all about.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2008, 4:49 pm

Moldienut wrote:
My country had that as well. But very stupidly there has been reports that poppies have been banned in some places and one person was even told to take her poppy off at work because it breached the dress policies even though she lost relatives during the wars. I find those people who do that insane, selfish and sad and have no idea of what it is all about.

Well talk about disrespect towards ppl who have fought and sacrifice their lives 4 our countries who participated in those wars especially the recent one in Afghanistan! Evil or Very Mad And whatever this place she's working in I think she should find another place 2 work in and work with ppl who do know what this day is all about! And also have sympathy towards ppl who have lost their relatives during those wars. That's y we wear our poppies each year 2 show our respect.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2008, 4:51 pm

wpghi5 wrote:
Well talk about disrespect towards ppl who have fought and sacrifice their lives 4 our countries who participated in those wars especially the recent one in Afghanistan! Evil or Very Mad And whatever this place she's working in I think she should find another place 2 work in and work with ppl who do know what this day is all about! And also have sympathy towards ppl who have lost their relatives during those wars. That's y we wear our poppies each year 2 show our respect.

Exactly Jessie.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2009, 2:33 pm

2day once again is the time we reflect on those who fought and died 4 our country through the wars they either participated or r currently participated in. Namely WW1, WW2, Korean War, as well as the current war taking place in Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2009, 2:36 pm

Same thing in my country too Jessie, plastic poppies are sold at this time for this.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2009, 4:16 pm

Moldienut wrote:
Same thing in my country too Jessie, plastic poppies are sold at this time for this.

Got mine btw.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2010, 9:52 am

2day once again we reflect upon those who have fought and died 4 our country through the wars that they have participated or r currently participated in. Namely WW1, WW2, Korean War, and the current mission taking place in Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime111th November 2011, 8:55 am

2day we reflect upon those who have fought and died 4 our country thru the many wars they have participated in. WW1, WW2, Korean War. 2 as recently as Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
Christa22

Total Posts : 66
Female
Aquarius Rat

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime112th November 2011, 3:24 pm

I feel these is so true we need to reflect on those you died 4 us in both great wars and also in Afghanistan. We will remember them..
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime113th November 2011, 12:54 pm

Christa22 wrote:
I feel these is so true we need to reflect on those
you died 4 us in both great wars and also in Afghanistan. We will
remember them..

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remembrance Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembrance Day   Remembrance Day Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Remembrance Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sakis Rouvas the greek pop star ! :: ~Free Forum~ :: Countries and Cultures :: Informations & cultures around the world-
Jump to: