Sakis Rouvas the greek pop star !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  

Romanian Wikipedia page

Go down 
+2
wpghi5
Cata
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cata
Moderator-Sakis' Team
Cata

Total Posts : 1393
Female
Capricorn Monkey

Romanian Wikipedia page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:19 pm

I have no idee where to post this, so I hope it's ok here...
I want to creat a romanian page on wikipedia for Sakis and I want to translate the biography from the english page (without the 'Personal life')... do you know if there are copyrights or something like this?
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:21 pm

Hope u get the help u need Cata mou.
Back to top Go down
chrys_xtina

chrys_xtina

Total Posts : 139
Female
Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:31 pm

Cata I think is a good idea:X .. Bravo !! :*
Back to top Go down
http://ingelash-dolshe.hi5.com
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:35 pm

chrys_xtina wrote:
Cata I think is a good idea:X .. Bravo !! :*

Indeed. Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Angel's helper of Sakis' Forum
Moldienut

Total Posts : 19567
Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:37 pm

Good question Cata, unfortunately I don't know about the laws regarding that matter. But as long as you mention references from the site and cite its source on there, it should be OK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moldienut
The Fizz

The Fizz

Total Posts : 478
Female
Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:39 pm

I found out that it's not the owner of the site that writes things about celebs on wikipedia. It's the fans of them that do it.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:42 pm

I knew that already and I even once added stuff on the English Wikipedia about Sakis in the past. Where it says 'Anastasios 'Sakis' Rouvas' on there, I wrote that on there a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
The Fizz

The Fizz

Female
Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:44 pm

That was random when I read that a few weeks ago. Was looking for pics of James and randomly read that on there. Quite funny the wikipedia let's the fans write stuff on there isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Cata
Moderator-Sakis' Team
Cata

Female
Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:46 pm

Moldienut wrote:
Good question Cata, unfortunately I don't know about the laws regarding that matter. But as long as you mention references from the site and cite its source on there, it should be OK.
You mean the 'Notes'?
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:47 pm

If the owner really wrote all the articles, it would take almost a lifetime to do. It has to be fans otherwise Wikipedia would not exist with all those pages.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:48 pm

Cata wrote:
You mean the 'Notes'?

The site notes mentioned at the bottom of the article in numbers? Yes.
Back to top Go down
The Fizz

The Fizz

Female
Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:49 pm

But isn't it funny though that most of the stuff the fans write on there are true 50% of the time? It's cool at the same time though.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:50 pm

I think the owners spot out any modifications being needed on the pages and mark pages that need to be tidied up.
Back to top Go down
Cata
Moderator-Sakis' Team
Cata

Female
Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:56 pm

Moldienut wrote:
Cata wrote:
You mean the 'Notes'?

The site notes mentioned at the bottom of the article in numbers? Yes.
Thanks a lot for your answer Mo Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_smile I hope I'll manage to create the pageRomanian Wikipedia page Lol
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 4:01 pm

How could they b fans of Sakis and put stuff on it which turn out 2 b untrue! Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_evil 2 me that's definitely not a true fan! Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_evil I would certainly never do that! Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_evil

Cata wrote:
I hope I'll manage to create the pageRomanian Wikipedia page Lol

I hope 4 it as well Cata. Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
YPSILON
Moderator-Sakis' Team
YPSILON

Total Posts : 842
Female
Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime19th October 2009, 11:11 pm

Cata wrote:
I have no idee where to post this, so I hope it's ok here...
I want to creat a romanian page on wikipedia for Sakis and I want to translate the biography from the english page (without the 'Personal life')... do you know if there are copyrights or something like this?

You can do a translation of an existing article on wikipedia, that's totally legitimate. There's a special procedure you have to go through to signify that it's a translation and link to the original article, but I can't remember how it's done. You should find info and help on wikipedia.
I had translated an english article once for the greek version of wikipedia and had posted it without reference to the original because I didn't know how to do it, but still the people who run the site understood that it was a translation and made the connection themselves, they didn't scold me for this, on the contrary they thanked me.

The whole idea behind wikipedia is sharing and distributing information freely, without copyright being an issue.
Back to top Go down
http://clubs.pathfinder.gr/periklis_stergianoudis
Cata
Moderator-Sakis' Team
Cata

Female
Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime110th October 2009, 4:39 pm

Thank you so much for the info Romanian Wikipedia page 909877
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime110th October 2009, 5:49 pm

Cata wrote:
Thank you so much for the info Romanian Wikipedia page 909877

Glad u got the help u need there Cata. Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romanian Wikipedia page   Romanian Wikipedia page Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Romanian Wikipedia page
Page 1 of 1