Sakis Rouvas the greek pop star !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  

Doubts about Wikipedia

Go down 
+6
mishmosh
danari
Momo
ellijay
Moldienut
monita
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
monita

monita

Total Posts : 147
Female
Scorpio Snake

Doubts about Wikipedia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime13rd October 2009, 4:38 pm

Regarding the information about Sakis on wikipedia, I have a couple of questions about the credibility of some of the statements. I realize that it's information about things in the past and some of them are perhaps indifferent, but still I believe that it should be true when posted on wiki:

Quote :
They have been rumored to have broken up numerous times over the years. In July 2007, many news sources reported that their relationship was heading for an end, as Rouvas had started a fling with the super model Vanessa Hessler

hmm Vanessa was only 19 years old at the time and even though it's Rouvas own buisness, who he wants to date, I still think it should be 100% true if it's posted on wikipedia. So does anybody have an idea about this?

During the time when Rouvas was in the military it says that he attempted suicide:
Quote :
Rouvas was then immediately taken to the psychiatric hospital of Penteli for psychiatric evaluation. When he was alone in his room, Rouvas attempted suicide

I know that it was a very difficuelt time for him back then, but did it really get that extreme? Neutral When I looked up the source for this statement, it referred to "expresso", which went on to describe that he tried to kill himself by trying to cut over his wrist with a knife.

PS. does anybody know how to change the picture with Sakis on wikipedia, the current one is not bad, but I just think there should be another picture which presents him better.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Angel's helper of Sakis' Forum
Moldienut

Total Posts : 19567
Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime13rd October 2009, 4:53 pm

I've asked these questions in the questions section here before to see if they were true but in my opinion since there are all from gossip mags, I doubt either of them are true anyway. Sakis is very quiet when it comes to his private life and even if he was really linked to that Vanessa girl, he would admit that anyway but I doubt it so I think that is rubbish anyway. I've even heard that he was linked to Elli Kokkinou but I doubt that one too. Plus concerning the suicide, that was from a gossip mag so that is very likely to be false too. Most of those rumours seem to only appear on Wikipedia for some reason. I agree that only true info should be featured in there though, most of the Sakis stuff written there are pure bullshit anyway especially the private life and 'suicide'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moldienut
ellijay

ellijay

Total Posts : 7693

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime13rd October 2009, 5:38 pm

they get away with this girlfriend stuff by saying....It was rumoured.... thiese things will never be confirmed one way or the other.

As for the situation in the army... he answers that question in the interview which was recently posted in the media section here.
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime13rd October 2009, 5:44 pm

I don't think Sakis has ever mentioned suicide, he may have suffered hell in the army but not that far I don't think.
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

Total Posts : 37
Female
Aquarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime13rd October 2009, 6:12 pm

Thank you very much!!!
Back to top Go down
danari

danari

Total Posts : 156
Female
Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 4:03 am

I'm a bit annoyed by these questions about his love-life. Why is it so important to know about ? Will anything change ... your opinion about Sakis and his music will alter if he did dated xy ??? He is really good at his " work " , he is a good person with good soul - some says , and i belive them! - he gives us so much already of himself , why can't we let him have his personal life to BE personal ?!?!?!?!?
I'm not judging ... just wondering !!!

As for the other question regarding the army , if you watch the interview - even with the sound turned off - you'll see his bodylanguage change, on his face the pain is visible ! Ask any man , this subject is a delicate one , it isn't easy to talk about it !!! Personaly i feel that pain in my stomach , and i'm sorry that he had to suffer like this ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tundetrencsenyi
monita

monita

Female
Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 6:27 am

danari wrote:
I'm a bit annoyed by these questions about his love-life. Why is it so important to know about ? Will anything change ... your opinion about Sakis and his music will alter if he did dated xy ??? He is really good at his " work " , he is a good person with good soul - some says , and i belive them! - he gives us so much already of himself , why can't we let him have his personal life to BE personal ?!?!?!?!?
I'm not judging ... just wondering !!!

As for the other question regarding the army , if you watch the interview - even with the sound turned off - you'll see his bodylanguage change, on his face the pain is visible ! Ask any man , this subject is a delicate one , it isn't easy to talk about it !!! Personaly i feel that pain in my stomach , and i'm sorry that he had to suffer like this ...

I don't know about you, but when there's a person I don't know, the first place I go to, to find information is wikipedia. Therefore I think it's important that the information on that side - whatever it may be - is 100% true, because it's here that many get their first impression of who Sakis is. And if something isn't true, u can actually get it removed from wikipedia, so that's is why I was asking.
With regards to why I especially picked out Hessler, is because, that the site doesn't state that it was a rumour, but a fact that they were together, so I wanted to make sure that was true, since she after all only was 19 years old. You may say, what does it matter, I may agree, but nevertheless I still think that such gossip shouldn't be on wikipedia, if it's not true.

As for the suicide attempt, I asked that, because even though I watched the interview I don't understand greek and didn't know if it was true or false. If he had said it himself, I would like to know, because on wikipedia it's portrayed as being 100% true.

I'm sorry if I annoyed anybody, never was and never will be my intention. It was not a coincidence that I picked out these informations, since I think that they were less flattering and could be removed if not true.

Personally I first and foremost love his music, but I gotta admit that I also love the man himself and always enjoy to know something about him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 6:49 am

Wikipedia is not a reliable source!!!

Whatever happenned in the past is there and Sakis is now living happy life with Katia and their daughter and has many fans all over the world who love him and support him as much as they can. And I bet he knows this damn well.
Back to top Go down
mishmosh

Total Posts : 150
Female
Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 8:45 am

I also thoght everything on wikipedia is true so do we know if it is true about the civil ceremony which supposedley took place last august
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 9:15 am

Since these claims are from gossip mags and there are no evidence or claims by Sakis himself that it has happened, all those claims about marriage are bullshit. To me I doubt those claims unless evidence is shown.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Total Posts : 16618
Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 12:44 pm

I always go 2 Wikipedia 2 find various info involving anyone who is significant in wherever fields they r or were in. However if there r certain info or infos on it that I find rather iffy then I doubt those kinds of claims. In the case of Sakis aside from the bogus info of him attempting suicide in the Army and I also doubt the claim of him having a fling with Hessler. And the pic of him in Wikipedia rite now is not that bad in my opinion. No doubt those kinds of info r from gossip magazines and highly unlikely that they r true. No doubt Sakis is very quiet when it comes 2 his private life. Sometimes much of the info is not always accurate. I'm sure it wasn't easy 4 him when he was in the Army. He certainly suffered from that both physically and mentally. But it would definitely not lead him 2 attempt suicide 4 it that's 4 sure! Whether he's involve with somebody or not it would not the change the fact that I truly adore him so much along with his music and his songs! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin Not only is he really good with his work but also a great person with a great heart as well! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin He gives so much of himself and sends it rite back 2 us! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin No doubt we give ourselves back 2 him with our luv and admiration! Doubts about Wikipedia Herz Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin And no doubt his personal life should stay PERSONAL! And back 2 the Army thing u no doubt have nothing but 2 feel sry 4 him 4 what he went through! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_sad I know I do! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_sad No doubt the information or informations which turned out 2 b untrue should b removed! I don't really believe that bullshit of him being involved with Hessler in any way possible! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil With that it shouldn't b included in Wikipedia! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil

monita wrote:

As for the suicide attempt, I asked that,
because even though I watched the interview I don't understand greek
and didn't know if it was true or false. If he had said it himself, I
would like to know, because on wikipedia it's portrayed as being 100%
true.

Which definitely is not the case at all! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil If ppl want 2 know more about Sakis they should b focusing on the true aspects of it like his career throughout the years and other things that R TRUE and not the bogus ones that r on it and shouldn't been on it in the first place! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil Whatever happened 2 him it's all in the past now. Besides he's living a happy life with Katia and his daughter and that he has many fans all over the world that truly luv and adore him very much! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin Me being one of them! Lol! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin And supporting him as well! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin No doubt he knows it! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_bounce Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin And that so called civil ceremony that he had with Katia that is false 2. Nor Sakis, Katia, and even both of them have comfirmed that. That's bullshit 2! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil I doubt those claims 2. The key point is never trust on info from such gossip bullshit! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Momo

Momo

Total Posts : 37
Female
Aquarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 1:30 pm

I'm agree with you. I think Wikipedia is a bit false project. At least in that case. Suicide in Army - bullshit. I impose nobody the my opinion.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 1:34 pm

Momo wrote:
Suicide in Army - bullshit.

Attempted suicide 2 b exact Momo. Lol.
Back to top Go down
monita

monita

Female
Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 2:16 pm

Well thanks for the answers girls, I've now edited a little in the text on wikipedia, so the information is more correct:

Quote :
Rouvas was then immediately taken to the psychiatric hospital of Penteli for psychiatric evaluation. When he was alone in his room, Rouvas attempted suicide - however this has never been comfirmed by him

Quote :
as - tabloid magazines claimed - that Rouvas had started a fling with the super model Vanessa Hessler,[7]

It's really easy to edit the text on wikipedia, so if u guys find any mistakes or information that aren't true, then just delete it or emphazise that it's inaccurate.

Despite the fact that many of the statements on wikipedia are untrue, they still have a good description of Sakis's music career there and even though some of u don't use wikipedia, it's still used by many others, so I think it's important that the information posted there is relatively true. Smile
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 2:22 pm

Oh great job there Monita! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_cheers Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin Thanks 4 the advice girl! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin

monita wrote:

Despite the fact that many of the statements on
wikipedia are untrue, they still have a good description of Sakis's
music career there and even though some of u don't use wikipedia, it's
still used by many others, so I think it's important that the
information posted there is relatively true. Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_smile

U said it! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 2:58 pm

Good for correcting them Monita, about time on Wikipedia the true and the false should be sorted.
Back to top Go down
danari

danari

Total Posts : 156
Female
Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 4:57 pm

Well ...
I didn't ever - i mean ever - looked Sakis up in Wikipedia ...
All the information i needed from him ( about him ) were in his music , in his songs , in his appearances , in his smile , in his eyes ... I really didn't had to know about his past to " get " him ...
My question is : if you appreciate and cherish WHATEVER he gives to you ( anyone ) why do you need to know facts ( or speculations ) of his past ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tundetrencsenyi
shazasan

shazasan

Total Posts : 763
Female
Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 5:29 pm

Look at his wikipedia page was about the first thing I did haha Smile cos I wanted to get to know him and learn about him (at this stage I knew nothing so wikipedia seemed like a good place to start).

For me everything about Sakis interests me, I admire him so much as a person as well as a musician. Speculations I'm not too interested in but, inside the realms of respecting his privacy, I want to know all there is to know about this man because I'm enamoured by everything about him and everything he does.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 5:32 pm

Usually Wikipedia is the first thing I look up if I like somebody and then the official websites. I don't really care about the so called romantic links or the so called scandals or rumours unless evidence is backed up.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime14th October 2009, 9:40 pm

Moldienut wrote:
Good for correcting them Monita, about time on Wikipedia the true and the false should be sorted.

Indeed! 4 me I was actually going 2wards his official website and through the Sakis-Star site 2 know him better in the first year that I privately started 2 like Sakis in '06. But since I publicly started 2 like Sakis I got a bit more info on him mainly through this forum. I don't know when I started 2 find more info on him on Wikipedia. We just wanted 2 know more about him and that included his past. The one thing that we're not interested in is some bullshit speculations on it which turned out 2 b untrue! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil Nor have they been proven by Sakis himself! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil

shazasan wrote:

For me everything about Sakis interests me, I
admire him so much as a person as well as a musician. I'm enamoured by
everything about him and everything he does.

Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_smile

Oh same here Sheree mou! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_biggrin

Moldienut wrote:
I don't really care about the so called romantic
links or the so called scandals or rumours unless evidence is backed
up.

4 me I just dismiss it as just plain bullshit! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Moldienut
Moldienut

Female
Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 1:38 am

Most of the time the rumours have not had official backups, all the sources seem to come from gossip mags that say a lot of bullshit anyway and most of the time there is no evidence, just claims, some even made up.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime15th October 2009, 3:06 pm

Moldienut wrote:
Most of the time the rumours have not had official backups, all the sources seem to come from gossip mags that say a lot of bullshit anyway and most of the time there is no evidence, just claims, some even made up.

True. Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
mariosgirl66`

Total Posts : 63
Female
Virgo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime115th October 2009, 10:06 am

Someone recently updated the Duress page on Wikipedia stating that it aired at the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival - DEFINITELY NOT TRUE! Should I bother updating it? I'm not sure...seems like a hassle.
Back to top Go down
monita

monita

Female
Scorpio Snake

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime115th October 2009, 10:20 am

mariosgirl66` wrote:
Someone recently updated the Duress page on Wikipedia stating that it aired at the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival - DEFINITELY NOT TRUE! Should I bother updating it? I'm not sure...seems like a hassle.

well, I think it would be good if you edited it - it doesn't have to take a long time - just simply delete information that aren't true, whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
wpghi5
Moderator-Sakis' Team

Male
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime115th October 2009, 10:55 am

mariosgirl66` wrote:
Someone recently updated the Duress page on
Wikipedia stating that it aired at the Los Angeles Greek Film Festival
- DEFINITELY NOT TRUE! Should I bother updating it? I'm not
sure...seems like a hassle.

They didn't even start shooting the movie 4 it yet when the film festival took place! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil No doubt it should b updated! IMMEDIATELY! Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doubts about Wikipedia   Doubts about Wikipedia Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Doubts about Wikipedia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next